Nature's Epsom Salt
Nature's Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a popular remedy for many ailments. Nature's Epsom salt can be used as a supplement, bath salt, or beauty product. It’s associated with very few side effects and may offer several potential health benefits.
Epsom salts baths can be used as a home treatment for:.
- Soreness from diarrhea during chemotherapy
- Sunburn pain and redness
- Tired, swollen feet
- Sore muscles after working out
- Psoriasis, a disease that causes red, itchy, scaly skin
- Ingrown toenails.
- Fibromyalgia, a condition that makes your muscles, ligaments, and tendons hurt, and causes tender points throughout your body.
- Bruises and sprains.
- Arthritis pain and swelling.
- Provides magnesium. Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, the first being calcium
- Promotes sleep and stress reduction
- Helps with constipation
- Exercise performance and recovery
Epsom salt should be dissolved with plenty of water if it is going to be consumed orally. Adding lemon can improve the taste. Drinking Epsom salt acts as a laxative when someone is constipated. Oral consumption of Epsom salt is safe in very small doses, to detoxify your body.
The water should be very warm -- not hot, but comfortable to the touch. Add the Epsom salts while the water is running to help them dissolve.
For a standard-sized tub, use the amount suggested on the package, usually 1 to 2 cups, or the amount recommended by your naturopath or doctor. Don't use Epsom salts in a hot tub, whirlpool, or other tub with jets. Keep the part of your body that hurts in the water for at least 12 minutes. Just relax.
Check with your doctor or naturopath about how long and how often you should soak. You may need to do it just once for an ingrown toenail, or every day if you have arthritis pain.
Remember, the key to getting long-lasting benefits from any food, health products, and services is to eat a balanced diet, have quality sleep, exercise, get good air and sunshine, hydrate appropriately, and manage stress.
Note: All OneWithNature (OWN) products, are to be used as part of a healthy lifestyle. For additional health and nutritional support call +233(55) 355 6279 to speak to our Naturopath at LifeWellness Wholistic and Ayurveda Center.